It’s important to divert waste from landfills by recycling and composting when we can.
Recycling – Blue Bin Program
New items are added to the recycling stream periodically. Toronto's Blue Bin Program will now accept plastic retail and grocery bags and polystyrene foam packaging.
See what your recycled items turn into with the magic of recycling (PDF).
Organic collection – Green Bin Program
Organic collection also reduces waste in landfills. About 30% of household waste is compostable. Good news for apartment and condo dwellers – the Green Bin is being phased into multi-residential buildings, with the hope of diverting even more waste from landfill.
- What goes in the Blue Bin information card
- Find a recycling and solid waste depot near you
- Recycle your old lawn & garden equipment
- How to handle household hazardous waste
- Single family home collection
- Recycling in apartments & condos
- Recycling Handbook for Owners, Property Managers and Superintendents
- Check out your local Community Environment Day
- Recycling Council of Ontario
- Find your waste collection calendar
- Pet waste
- Home renovation waste - what to do with all those scrap materials?
- Get rid of it on Craigslist.