Requests may be submitted online, in person or by mail.


Requests may be submitted to City Clerk’s Office staff working at the Registry Services counters in any of the Civic Centre locations (no counter service at East York Civic Centre, Metro Hall and York Civic Centre).

By mail:

You can download the FOI application form and mail it to our office together with a $5.00 cheque/money order, payable to City of Toronto:

City Clerk’s Office
Corporate Information Management Services
Toronto City Hall, 13th Floor West Tower
100 Queen Street West
Toronto ON M5H 2N2

A non-refundable $5.00 application fee must be paid when submitting an Access Request. We require $5.00 per property address if multiple property addresses are requested. Additional fees may be charged under section 45 of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy Protection Act for processing and photocopying.

If you submit a request online and provide your email address a confirmation will be sent to you. If you mail in a request, we begin to process the request the date it is received by our office.

Visa, Master Card, and American Express.

Yes. All cheques and money orders should be made payable to the “City of Toronto.”

We will respond to a request within 30 calendar days of receipt and $5.00 application fee. For requests that involve a large number of records, an extensive search, or consultation with an external third party, the time may be extended. Requesters will be advised of a time extension.

No. We can make a note on your file that the records are needed urgently; however, there is no guarantee a response will be made before the 30 day time frame.

No. Once your records are ready, pending any other fees owing, we will mail your records or you have the option to pick them up at City Hall. If you are requesting access to your own personal information, you will have to provide proof of your identity prior to any records being released.

The following are institutions that have their own Freedom of Information offices. Please contact them directly if you would like to request records from them.