2019 Award Winners
- Ernest W. Matton (Elder Little Brown Bear) for the Individual Mino Bimaadiziwin Award (Indigenous Award)
- Toronto Council Fire Native Cultural Centre for the Organization Mino Bimaadiziwin Award (Indigenous Award)
- Liv Mendelsohn for the Individual Disability Access Award
- Surrey Place for the Organization Disability Access Award
- Elene Lam for the Constance E. Hamilton Award for Women’s Equality
- Adam Lake for the Pride Award
- Alexis Dawson for the Individual William P. Hubbard Race Relations Award
- Colour of Poverty – Colour of Change for the Organization William P. Hubbard Race Relations Award
Visit the Award pages for more information about each winner.
About The Awards
The City’s Access, Equity and Human Rights (AEHR) Awards recognize people, organizations or programs that have created a more equitable city by addressing discrimination and working to eliminate barriers to equality. The Awards are community-driven – nominations come from Toronto residents and the selection panel is made up of community individuals with expertise and knowledge of issues pertinent to the award categories. Explore each award below.