Enforcement & Assistance
Have you found a stray pet or injured or dead wildlife? Call 416-338-PAWS (7297)
The City of Toronto inspects and investigates animal-related complaints to ensure compliance with acts, bylaws and regulations.
Call us for:
- Emergency response to calls for stray pets and wildlife requiring immediate medical assistance. Officers are standing by to provide support between 6 a.m. and 1 a.m.
- Response to safety concerns involving an animal, as well as animals jeopardizing the safety of the public, such as dogs at large
- Pick up of lost dogs for return to their owners or transporting to a shelter while searching for owner
- Removal of dead wildlife and domestic animals on public or private property (when owner unknown)
Reporting a Dog Bite or Attack
Follow these steps if you experience a dog bite or attack.
Reporting a Noisy Animal
- The City’s noise bylaw prohibits persistent barking, whining or other animal-related noise in a residential area.
- If you have a problem with a noisy animal in your neighbourhood, consider speaking with the owner first.
- If this approach does not work, call 311.
- If the animal owner does not fix the issue, officers can issue notices of violation, written warnings, and may lay charges.