Lost & Found Pets
If You Have Lost Your Pet
Who to Contact
- Contact 416-338-PAWS (7297) or 311 to file a lost animal report.
- Provide description of pet, licence number and microchip number.
Where to Search
- Search around your home and neigbourhood. Ask your neighbours.
- Put up posters and flyers in your neighborhood, veterinarian offices, animal shelters, grocery stores, libraries and bulletin boards in your community.
Try Looking Online
- View a list of strays found in last five days.
- View photos of lost pets.
- View a list of deceased animals found in last 30 days.
Register your pet with Helping Lost Pets to widen your search.
Where to Go
If your pet ends up at a City shelter, the following fees apply:
Cat: $30, plus $10/day
Dog: $40, plus $20/day
Once Your Pet Has Been Found
- Call 311.
- Update your Helping Lost Pets posting.
- Remove all flyers you have posted.
If You Find a Lost Pet
If you find a lost dog or cat wearing a City of Toronto tag, contact 311 to connect the pet with the owner. If the animal does not have any identification tags, contact 311 for information on next steps.