Interactive Voice Response
Interactive Voice Response is a telephone line run by the Ministry of Community and Social Services. You can call this line to get information about your social assistance payments.
Call 1-800-808-2268 (toll-free)
Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Weekends: noon to 5 p.m.
Through Interactive Voice Response, you will have secure access to:
- your payment details (within the past 45 days)
- the status of your case
- general information about Ontario Works and the Ontario Disability Support Program, and
- overpayment balances (if this applies to you)
To get this information you will need:
- your 9-digit member identification number, which you can find listed on your monthly statement of assistance, and
- your 4-digit personal identification number, which you will receive when you start receiving social assistance.
Please do not share these numbers with anyone.
If you have difficulties using the Interactive Voice Response system, or for detailed information about your social assistance please contact your caseworker.
Read more about Ontario Works.