The new Etobicoke Civic Centre (ECC) at 3755 Bloor Street West will be located within the newly redeveloped Etobicoke Civic Centre Precinct (formerly the Westwood Theatre Lands).
The new ECC provides a microclimate that encourages people to engage in the public realm. Through its architectural expression and inviting street presence, the ECC will stand out as an innovative and unique building in Toronto.
The ECC is a mixed-use building comprising a wide range of community focussed program and services. The building is arranged in a series of tall volumes towards the north, housing the municipal offices, while the lower floors towards the south contain all the public functions.
In support of the City’s TransformTO’s climate action plan to reduce emission from buildings and achieve a high level of resiliency, the new ECC is targeting Toronto Green Standards (TGS) Version 3 Tier 4. It will also be compliant to the Toronto Accessibility Design Guidelines (TADG) as a means to extend greater accessibility for all users.
- Approximately 264,000 sq. ft.
- Storage & building services
- 2 parking levels (Fleet Services and public)
- Enwave Energy Corporation – District Energy Plant
- Shared vehicular access and loading area between ECC and the neighbouring Housing Now initiative
- Approximately 300,000 sq. ft.
- A community centre inclusive of both lane and leisure pools, multi-purpose rooms, fitness studios, gymnasium and walking track
- Toronto Public Library inclusive of digital innovation hubs
- Community Services including:
- Art gallery
- Children Services (Child Care Centre)
- Civic Counter Strategy
- Toronto Employment & Social Services
- Toronto Public Health Clinic inclusive of a Dental Clinic and a Breastfeeding Clinic.
- Ceremonial Room(s) (to accommodate multi-faith ceremonies)
- Public Meeting Rooms
- Constituency Offices & Council Chambers
- Bicycle parking and back-of-house building services
- Retail store (planned to accommodate a café – vendor not yet secured)
- Approximately 210,000 sq. ft.
- Multiple City divisions, agencies and corporations within the office towers and two amenity floors featuring a variety of meeting rooms, collaboration spaces, social spaces, multi-faith room, parent room, lunchroom and outdoor terrace
- Approximately 47,000 sq. ft.
- An event plaza, a filter garden, large erratic (boulders) landscape elements, a water feature, a sacred fire vessel, bike share, entrances to the parking lobbies and a café terrace (vendor not yet secured)