Toronto Building Payments Online
The online payment service allows applicants of Building Permits or other Toronto Building services to pay the required fees online, by credit card, at any time of the day.
To make a payment online, you must be the Applicant listed on the application form, and also have:
- The application number for your building permit or other Toronto Building service
- The email address you used (as the Applicant) to apply for the permit or service
- A credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
Which Fees Can Be Paid Online?
Fees for Building Permit applications are calculated based on the area and type of work proposed in your application. The initial and confirmed permit fees for many permit types are payable online using this service. Other, larger projects have permit fee amounts that cannot be processed online and payment for these applications must be made at one of our district offices.
Fees collected by Toronto Building for Development Charges, Education Development Charges, Parks Levies which are not payable by Credit Card also cannot be paid online.
The Online Payment Process
The online payment service follows these steps, outlined below:
Enter a permit number and email address to query fees
A list of unpaid fees will be displayed along with the total to be paid. You must pay all outstanding fees to proceed.
Enter your credit card information into the payment screen.
The confirmation screen is displayed once your payment is processed.
You will then be sent a standard Toronto Building receipt by email, as a PDF attachment.
Other Ways to Pay
If you are unable to pay the fees required for your application online, please make your payment in person at one of our District Offices, or by Phone.
Customer Service Counter
Payments are accepted at our four District Offices during regular business hours, Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Payments by Phone:
To use the Toronto Building Fee Payment Line service, please call 416-397-5222.
Before you make your call:
- Please have your credit card ready before calling. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- Ensure that you are the authorized cardholder
- Be prepared to provide an email address along with the application folder number (i.e., 13-123456 ABC 00) for which you are paying
Toronto Building will process the payment for the authorized credit card holder and he/she will receive a receipt by email.