Toronto residents in houses have received their waste collection schedule as the last page of their utility bill or through a separate mailing, and a Waste Management Guide has been mailed to all houses, apartments and condos.
2024 Collection Schedules
- Starting in September 2023, collection schedules were sent as the last page of the utility bill and feature information about proper waste set out on the back.
- Those who do not receive utility bills to their home, or were not scheduled to receive a utility bill before January 2024, have had their collection schedule mailed to them separately.
- The 2024 schedules are now available online and via the lookup tool.
- Residents are also be able to access their collection schedules and get reminders about what waste to set out when with the TOwaste app.
- Schedules with larger print and icons have also been created and are available upon request by contacting 311.
2024 Waste Management Guide
- The 2024 Waste Management Guide has been mailed to all houses, apartments and condos.
- The guide should have been delivered by the end of December and includes information about:
- Please hold onto this guide for reference throughout the year.
Additional Ways to Get Waste Management Information
The City recognizes that not all people consume information in the same way or format and remains committed to providing key waste information to residents through a variety of different channels. In addition to being provided in print, collection schedules and information about proper waste set out and sorting, waste reduction and Drop-Off Depots is available online or by calling 311. The City also provides residents with waste management information through the TOwaste app, public education campaigns, social media, media materials, City newsletters and various outreach and stakeholder engagement activities.